Support For You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- If you are in need of local resources, contact Komen Nevada at 702.822.2324 or view the list of our current Community Grant Recipients.
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or e-mail email@example.com to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families.
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trails visit BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov.
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
- You can find additional information about financial assistance resources on the national Susan G. Komen website.
Komen Cares Bags
Our Las Vegas office’s Komen Cares Bag program provides free resources to those who have been recently diagnosed or who have a recurrence of breast cancer. Each bag includes educational and inspirational materials and local resources. Komen Cares (KC) Bags are available upon request to put information into the hands of women and men to aid in their decision making process. If you would like a bag and are in the Las Vegas area, please contact the Komen Office at 702.822.2324.
Susan G. Komen Nevada is proud to fund a variety of community-based breast cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment projects for the medically underserved. View our current community grant recipients for more information.
Questions to Ask the Doctor
The Questions to Ask the Doctor About Breast Cancer series includes 15 topic cards on a variety of breast cancer issues. Each card contains pertinent questions to discuss with your doctor regarding a specific breast cancer topic. You can download and print the cards and bring them with you to your next doctor’s appointment. There is plenty of space provided on the cards to jot down the answers to the questions. These topic cards are a valuable tool for women who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, or just need a good starting place to gather information. The topic cards are available for download here.
Still have questions or cannot find the information you are looking for? Contact Komen Nevada at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702.822.2324.