Komen Nevada awards community grants to organizations that provide breast cancer projects that address specific funding priorities, which were selected based on data from the 2015 Komen Northern Nevada Community Profile Report or 2015 Komen Southern Nevada Community Profile Report.
The funding priority areas are listed below in order of importance:
1. Reducing Barriers to Care
Evidence-based projects that reduce barriers to quality breast cancer care experienced by uninsured and underinsured individuals residing in Nevada. Priority will be given to individuals seeking care in
- North Las Vegas and Las Vegas Wards 3 & 5
- Reno/Sparks Metropolitan Area (Washoe County)
- Carson City
2. Breast Cancer Education
Projects that provide evidence-based and culturally relevant breast cancer education in one-on-one and group settings. Projects must be designed to result in documented age-appropriate, breast cancer action (e.g., getting a screening mammogram, obtaining recommended follow-up after an abnormal mammogram). Based on findings from the Community Profile, these projects should target minority populations that reside in Las Vegas Wards 3 and 5. Breast cancer education projects must include Komen’s breast self-awareness messages and provide evidence of linkage to local breast cancer services. Health fairs and mass media campaigns are not evidence-based interventions and will not be accepted.
Applicants may request funding from $10,000 up to $100,000 (combined direct and indirect costs) for one year.
The Community Grants Cycel runs from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. The timeline for the 2020 grant cycle is :
- December 2019 | Grant application opens in Smartsimple
- December 10, 2019 | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Grant Writer’s Workshop, option 1
- December 11, 2019 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. | Grant Writer’s Workshop, option 2
- February 1, 2020 | Application Deadline
- March 2020 | Award Notification
- April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021 | Award Period
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dawn Creech at 702.822.2324 or email@example.com
GRANT APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
COMMUNITY PROFILE DOCUMENTS